|Topics for Home Owners, Buyers & Sellers|
Home buying is often exciting, but packing up and moving is almost always stressful. Below are a few tips to help make the move a smooth one.
- Special Boxes for Special Items.Dish barrels help protect dishware, and long flat boxes help protect artwork. Wardrobe boxes, which have a metal bar to hang clothes on, can simplify and speed up packing your closet.
- Paper, the Secret Weapon.Packing paper, or unprinted newsprint, can be used several different ways. Use it to protect fragile items or crunch it up to use as padding. Remember, ink on regular newspaper can rub off and stain. Use Bubble Wrap for extra- delicate items.
- Tape It Securely.Masking and duct tape don’t stick to cardboard as well as brown packing tape.
- Tape It Quickly.Tape guns help you assemble boxes faster.
- Mark It Clearly.Clearly label boxes. Marking the sides instead of the top is best as the tops are covered when boxes are stacked.
- Protect the Big Items.Protect furniture with pads and put mattresses in plastic bags to prevent damage during the trip.
- Lighten the Load. The help of a dolly or handcart can save your back and speed up the moving process.